Saturday, June 27, 2009

Matthew's 1st Birthday and Our Trip to the Beach!






















Matthew recently had his first Birthday! Our baby turned one on June 18th. We had a party for him the following Saturday. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who shared that day with us! A few things about Matthew:
-He eats anything and everything!
-He crawls really fast (my mom calls it the torpedo crawl)
-He can almost walk. He can take four or five steps before he sits down.
-He has 7 Teeth!!
-He says, mama, dada, baba, no, hello, we go, bye bye, good, num num and ot oh.
-He is in the 90% for height and weight.
-He likes to play with cars and trucks.
-He has decide he only needs his pacifier at night and nap time, other wise he has no use for it.
-He has also decided that he only needs one nap, so he sleeps 12 hours at night and takes a 3 hour nap during the after noon.
-His favorite toys include the computer keyboard and mouse, the PS3 and it's controllers and the piano.
We are so blessed to have him, I could never imagine life with out him!

















The Monday after Matthews Birthday party we headed off to the Beach. We met up with my mom and sister and the Taylor's. The Taylor's rented a huge beach house in cayucos and invited us to come stay for a night. We went up on Monday, got all settled in and then headed down to the beach. We had alot of fun rick learned how to surf and Matthew enjoyed playing in the water and the sand (and eating it)! That night we played games for hours, it was alot of fun! The next day Rick, Cameron, and Bryce spent the whole day surfing. Matthew, my mom, my sister and I went to San Luis. We walked around and looked in all the shops. We found a Beverly's there that sold armor! After the boys were done surfing Rick, Matthew and I packed up and headed home. We just want to thank the Taylor's for a wonderful beach trip!
























Today we a heading out to go camping so hopefully there will be camping pictures to follow!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I can't believe Matthew is a year already. It feels like Steph and I were just over at your apartment to see him as a newborn. They grow TOO fast! Well, he is definitely a cutie! And it looks like you guys had a great time at the beach, it makes me want to go now!

CrAzYfUnFaMiLy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATTHEW! sounds like you guys had a blast! and wow matthew is a big boy and super super cute!we sure do miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

I'd just like to say that... I think I'm one HOTT mermaid!! Hehe, JK!! The birthday and beach trip were sooo much fun!!! :-D