Monday, December 26, 2011

SANTA!!


This year Matthew really wanted to see Santa!  He was completely enthralled with Santa and Christmas!!  He even chased a man (with a white beard who was riding down our street on his bike) screaming, "Santa wait!!!!"  So I told Matthew that Santa would be visiting our mall and that he could go sit on Santa's lap and tell him what he wanted for Christmas.  After hearing this Matthew promptly got out a piece of paper and a pencil and requested that I help him write a letter to Santa.  I had good intentions of taking the kids to see Santa early on in December ( when the lines aren't too long).  But we all got sick (for two weeks) and by the time we were feeling better there was still shopping and cleaning and wrapping to do.  So there I was the day before Christmas Eve preparing to take my two young impatient kids to stand in line (probably forever!) at the ridiculously busy mall all by myself (Rick was working)!!  Rick and my entire family thought I was insane, but I promised Matthew and he really wanted to go!!  Thankfully my Mom offered to go with me, and it's a good thing she did!  We stood in line for two hours!!  By the time we saw Santa both kids were extremely restless, but Matthew was still excited to tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas.  Lilly...I knew she was gonna scream as soon as I set her down, so I told the photographer just to snap the picture as soon as I cleared the frame because it wasn't going to get any better!  So that explains Lilly's screaming and reaching in the picture and Matthew was a little disturbed by Lilly's reaction.  Next year I will definitely take them early in December!!  

No comments: