Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Card Mayhem


Every year I say I'm going to send out Christmas cards and every year Christmas comes and goes and I don't send out cards.  This year however I was determined to make it happen!  I designed the card months ahead of time all I needed was 3 suitable pictures; a family picture, and an individual picture of each of the kids.  I picked out clothes for everyone, I had everything ready...then Lilly got sick, followed my Matthew.  I figured we would just wait a week until the kids were better, we had plenty of time.  Just as the kids started to feel better, I got sick and a few days later Rick was sick so now here we are just over a week before Christmas and still no Christmas card.  So I decided to scrap the family picture :( as much as I wanted a picture of all of us together I knew it wasn't going to happen.  Between Rick's work schedule and everyone being sick I knew it was now or never.  So I dressed up my whiny still recovering children crammed them in front of the Christmas tree and tried desperately to get 3 usable pictures.  Much to my surprise most of Matthew's were cute, I got a decent one of them together and well I had to make do with Lilly.  All in all it turned out pretty cute.  Now I just have to send them out! (Christmas card end result is at the very top of the blog.) 


I had to bribe Lilly with m&m's just to get her to sit next to Matthew.


Matthew really likes to get his picture taken!  Can you tell?



Matthew discovered that I was bribing Lilly with candy.



Ahhh!!! Lilly always closes her eyes!


Sweet boy!  He's looking so grown up!


Lilly's chocolate face!  Every time I turned around I was either wiping her face or her nose.


I get this face a lot these day when I try to make her wear a head band.


The Picture I ended up using for the card.  She is such a Little stinker!!

No comments: